Well I can’t update NPP at the moment due to database conflicts, so I’ll post what is happening here. If you remember earlier in the month, I had the whole thing in regard to switching from addon domains to primary domains – all information in this article. Well after I had did all that, I realized that it was still linking to the old database under the addon domain. I really didn’t feel with messing with it at that point, so I just left it until I got to “Server Maintenance” on my to do list which was today.
The process in theory is simple – download database from old location, upload to new location, update config files, DONE. Unfortunately it hasn’t been that simple – first it had major problems uploading it to the new location due to a problem with the attachments table. Also I can’t just do all that via PHPMyadmin as it has a 55meg limit, and gzipped NPP is about 80 megs. So I’ve had to extract the biggest tables one by one, then reupload them one by one – and there is timeout issues due to the files being so big, so that is causing lots of delays.
The good news? no maintenance will have to be done on the forum after this for the foreseeable future, and I don’t see there being any downtime at all. if anything, things will be a lot quicker now it is localized. So just bear with me for a little bit please. It’s currently 11:30am – I think this can be done by about noon, maybe 12:30pm.