Crazy trip: Part 1

Posted by Scotsman on January 28, 2009 in Life |

Sorry for the lack of updates over the last few days – I’ve basically not been able to get any computer time at all.  I’ll start writing just now and try and get everyone updated.

Friday: I stayed up all night Thursday as my Kingston->Toronto flight was 8am, and with my sleeping schedule lately I really don’t think I would’ve woke up in time.  This ended up being a great idea, because I got on the rickety old plane in Kingston, and before we were even on the runway I was asleep.  Woke up an hour later as we landed in Toronto, then headed to the Toronto->Edmonton plane and – you guessed it – fell asleep the whole trip.  It was sweet.

Frank and Marky Mark met me at the airport, and introduced me to the -50 weather in Edmonton or whatever nonsense it was.  We went out for lunch and some beers, then went to Marks and watched Beer League starring Artie Lange, while drinking more beers.  Next up we went out to the casino where Mark actually had a wrestling show, and while he went to set up me and Frank drank some beer and some whiskey.

During the show me and Frank sat back and – noticing a theme here – drank some more.  After the show, we headed to the bar and started getting mystery shots.  I don’t know how much we drank but I know it was a fucking lot, and basically just got super fucking smashed.  We finally made it back to Marks place, but both me and Frank ended up passing out.

Saturday: Woke up about 11 hungover as shit.  I remember making a vow not to drink on this trip – way to break said vow on day fucking 1.  Went upstairs where Marks mum had made us some Egg McMuffins so had those, then went back downstairs to sleep off the hangover.  Woke up feeling great and found out Frank was in a lot worse shape than me – direct quote from his wife – “You broke my husband”.  Apparently he had been on the couch all day in the fetal position.

So Frank came over at 5pm, and the three of us went out to the Comedy Club.  There were 3 shows, 7pm, 9pm and 11pm, and of course what with it being Norm and all, me and Marky had tickets for all 3 shows.  The staff members thought we were idiots, saying that it is the same show all over again – DUH.  And as it was – Norms 2nd routine was completely different from the 1st routine so it worked out good.

After the show we managed to meet Norm, and then it was finally home to bed for about 4am, to wake up in 3 hrs for a 7 o’clock flight.  Wheeeee.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2008-2024 Scotsmans Blog All rights reserved.
This site is using the Desk Mess Mirrored theme, v2.2.3, from BuyNowShop.com.